photo courtesy of irokofarms.com I took a walk and couldn’t help but notice the almasigo and ceiba trees have begun to sprout new leaves and ducks have their nests full of eggs. Over the years the more connected I become with malongo, the place where the medicine is, nature, the more I understand the cycles […]
Who Am I and What services do I offer? My name is Oscar. I was ...
To be initiated means to become part of something, to be accepted as a member ...
Palomayombe.com was originally founded in 2001. Since its inception its primary purpose was to provide the world ...
Esto NO se aprende en una aula! This CANNOT be learned in a classroom! Recently I have received several inquiries from Palo initiates regarding my upcoming course Palo: Theoretical and Practical Approaches. Everyone wants to know if I am “teaching Palo” in a classroom and if so is this even possible? The purpose of my […]
An Introduction to Bantú Cosmology and the Rites of Palo, and the religion’s magical powers that heal the human body, mind, and soul. An important and groundbreaking course on the most often misunderstood of the Afro-Cuban religions Beginning: Thursday, October 2, 2014 Time: 7:30 – 9 PM COST: Live Class–>(S. Florida residents) $20 per class, […]
Translation from Original by Oscar Guerrero 8/22/2013 One day, in one of the many long conversations with Tatica (a nickname that was given to one of the most well known mayomberos from Cuba) I asked him, “does the nfumbe live in the nganga? As usual, he did not give me a plain yes or no […]
This article is the third part of, “The Powers of the Tata Nganga and Yaya Nganga” Translation from Original by Oscar Guerrero 8/20/2013 Among the Bakongo of Africa the nganga (priest) has always recognized the existence of “spiritual entities” and know the “secret” of their manipulation. From what I have seen in that land, there […]
Havanatimes.org has featured an interesting story on the Kinfuiti Celebration in Cuba along with many pictures. To read this in English please visit this link: http://www.havanatimes.org/?p=98125 Para leer este articulo en Español por favor visite este enlace: http://www.havanatimes.org/sp/?p=89970 For more about the Celebration of the Kinfuiti and Tamakuenda Yaya please see: http://hedgemason.blogspot.com/2013/06/ta-makuenda-yaya-san-antonio-de-padua.html
- The “Powers” of the Tata Nganga and Yaya-Nganga by Ralph Alpizar August 15, 2013
- Transcultural Pilgrim: Three Decades of Work by José Bedia May 4, 2012
- May 2012 F.A.Q.s May 7, 2012
- Making Baths and Spiritual Washes with Herbs by Yeyefini Efunbolade May 7, 2012
- Palo Mayombe – the Dark Side of Santeria? September 5, 2012
- The Winds of Lent April 7, 2015
- This CANNOT be learned in a classroom! September 24, 2014
- Eleda.Org Seminars Announces its Upcoming Class: Palo: Theoretical and Practical Approaches August 20, 2014
- Does the nfumbe live in the nganga? by Ralph Alpizar August 22, 2013
- The “Powers” of the Mayombero and Mayombera by Ralph Alpizar August 20, 2013